Thursday 28 January 2010

My little book...

I am giving earnest thought to publishing a book, or at least trying to. The libellus I envision would be a collection of short essays, musings, questions (with one or two illustrations) - a sort of ''memoir,'' but not quite - about Asperger Syndrome. I would naturally incorporate some of the stuff on this blog, but chapters would needs be written from scratch. One or two are already germinating in my mind - one would certainly be about my education (or lack thereof). I have found a publisher who specializes in this area, Jessica Kingsley Publishers, who are very good. Who would read my book I wonder?

Any suggestions for chapters or themes in the comment box please...or better still, if you think I should give up the idea completely!

4 comments:

  1. I'll certainlybuy it.


    I like reading your way of looking at people, places and things and how it differs to other folks.Then again,that's why I like people generally.

    There's a scene in a film called City of Angels, and Meg Ryan is eating a pear and the Angel, Nicholas Cage, asks her what the pear tastes like. She answers "You don't know what a pear tastes like?" And he says "I don't know what a pear tastes like, to YOU"

    I don't know how the world appears,to you. That's why I would read your book Patricius,to find out!

    So write it already! As the yanks would say.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something about "Why Tolkien?" that might persuade somebody who autoexiled from the Tolkienolatry of the 70s why the man is still worth reading: you don't take it as read that he's worth reading in the way that most true believers do, so probably have something worthwhile to say.

    You did a "Why I am such an irritating child to my parents" post a while ago that made me stop and think a bit about how my parents had to cope with undiagnosed (and very mild) dyspraxia in their son before anybody had heard of dyspraxia, and start to wonder about some habits of my father and wonder whether or not he too was dyspraxic, but in an age when "different" meant "stupid".

    I'll buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would read it as well! Perhaps you can post some samples on your blog and we will try to give some constructive feedback. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'll make the fourth! I'd be very interested.

    ReplyDelete