Tuesday 12 January 2010

A lovely photo...


I found this photo of the then Cardinal Ratzinger in Google Images a while ago. Isn't it very human? Pope Benedict is probably one of my favourite Popes; he is a theologian, an intellectual, a philosopher, a Latinist, a most accomplished man, a man with a clearer grasp of Liturgy than most of his 20th century predecessors; this photo also manifests his humanity, and good taste. He reminds me of J.R.R Tolkien in a way; and what greater compliment can Patricius render unto any man?

Many years to the Holy Father!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know F.G.S.A, I just found it and used it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is up in Cathedral House in Leeds, but I don't think the Monseigneurs know it's him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam's Ale..http://clevelandpriest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete