Tuesday 21 July 2009

Power cut...

Sorry for the lack of posts (that may or may not be interesting) yesterday, but there has been a massive regional power cut here. It happened at around 1:30pm yesterday, my mother was on the computer, and I was reading whilst listening to music, and it all just switched off suddenly. We decided to go out, in the hope that in the three hours or so that we were out, the problem would be rectified. No such luck! In fact, the power only came back on at Midday today (which I think is rather disgraceful for this day and age). I am thoroughly ticked off about it. Not so much for the inconvenience, as being just thoroughly bored! I can't remember the last time I was so bored! Imagine, it's dark, all you can hear outside are people's alarms going off incessantly, no computer, no light to read anything by, you can't make a cup of tea (well you can, but you have to use the stove, which takes longer, so you just don't bother); in fact, the only thing to do is go to bed! Then you wake up to the sound of an even louder alarm going off (which I think was the next door neighbour's) at 11:30pm, and you can't get back to sleep again until the early hours of the morning (I was still awake at 4:00am!)

I woke up this morning feeling tired and rather sour about it all. I had left my light switch turned on, and waking up to see that the light wasn't on, I just rolled over and went back to sleep. At midday, the light came on and I got up - only my mother beat me to the computer (grrrr!). When my father came in from work (he has to, despite his convalescence, for pecuniary reasons), he told us that a local power station was set on fire by youths (although I am not sure as yet whether this was arson or an accident - probably the former) and that the power will be switched back off in precisely 12 minutes! So I am squeezing in a quick post to at least maintain a steady readership (checking my sitemeter earlier, to my surprise, I had more readers yesterday than I have had for ages, 39 in the whole day in fact, yay for me!)

Well, I am going now, as I have other important things to do (which I really need a computer to do, but owing to the unfortunate circumstances, I shall have to do without). I think that last night and yesterday afternoon, I caught my first glimpses of Hell - never mind about eternal pain and brimstone, I am more daunted by the prospects of everlasting boredom! Well, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment