Friday 24 July 2009

Heus!...

...lectores, quantum inter nos silentium! (Well, only since Wednesday!) I had started to write a post on ''Perfectionism'' and people with Asperger Syndrome, but I decided to delete it after the third pargraph, as it would not be publishable. All my ''personal'' posts tend to be regarded as arrogant or condescending anyway. One of my Irish cousins is in London today (for the first time in fact). She is part of an orchestra, and they are performing ''Ulysses: A Musical Odyssey'' and it is a ''post-modern'' embellishment of Homer's classic apparently. I shall go to hear it tonight, but I don't altogether relish the prospect, as I feel rather depressed and disinclined to do anything (plus it means I shall miss the advertised ''blognic''). I haven't seen her for about five or six years, so it will be a chance to catch up.

In the meantime, I shall crack on with my essay - another unutterably tedious and depressing prospect, thrust upon me. Someone at my parish told me to treat it as a penance - easier said than done though...One good thing though; I found my glasses! I lost them during the power cut that we had here earlier this week, and they must have rolled off my bed when I fell asleep on Monday. Orate semper pro me, lectores dilectissimi.

No comments:

Post a Comment