Thursday 16 July 2009

Pluit tonatque!


I must be running out of ideas at an alarming rate if all I can think of blogging about is the weather! But there it is, it's raining heavily and thundering outside, and I have just got in from Benediction. Fortunately, I got in before the rain started to come down in bucketfuls, and I only got a bit wet.

It has been a rather bad day; I have a meeting tomorrow (for which I am not prepared), and I am running out of blog ideas. I think that by this post, I am officially the blogosphere's most boring blogger too...

Lord give me the patience and will to sit down and eventually finish these essays!! At least this boring post has given me an excuse to post one of my favourite Constable paintings; Salisbury Cathedral seen from a distance.

3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I've added your blog to my own blog-roll. Please have a look at mine: apostolate-of-the-laity, and perhaps you could add me you yours? I've just started so I'm doing a bit of promo.
    Many Thanks
    Dan.
    http://apostolate-of-the-laity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not a boring blogger at all!

    I find that when you are searching for blog ideas they just don't come (much like my thesis ideas, of which there have been no new ones for several months now :-(). Good luck with your essays, probably when you relax and aren't thinking about it blog posts will flow uncontrollably!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for your kind post Athanasius, and for your support as regards the essays. Everyone I ask about my degree thinks I am going to get a First, but when you procrastinate and have writer's block all the time, personally that prospect looks even dimmer everytime someone mentions it...

    I did actually start writing a post on liturgical archaism, but after what I thought was a good introduction, I just dried up! Anyway, this is all frivolous and time-consuming. I have Virgil still to do, and a mountain of serious academic stuff.

    ReplyDelete