Thursday 20 August 2009

Quick post then back to work...

Forgive the rather nasty tone of my last post. I was rather angry, and I am under an immense amount of stress at the moment, what with essays to write and exams to revise for. I have spent a good deal of time ''revising'' (not quite the rote memorisation of facts, but just a hell of a lot of reading, highlighting and note-taking) and am still with no results. I feel just as ill-prepared for the exams now as I did a week and more ago. But who knows, I may get to the exams and find them all-right. I spoke to a woman from a similar course (the BA in Theology) this afternoon after my lunch and she said that they were relatively easy, and I suppose I can bluff two exams. Just depends on having enough knowledge of the subject-matter to get by, the ability to string together a coherent and plausible argument, and making the odd insightful remark. Maybe not the latter...

I had planned on posting about two Mass formulas for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception I found in an 1828 Missal and comparing them to the current one, but I have been too busy to get them into literary shape, or to think them out properly. For some obscure reason, I don't know whether this is because of acute awareness of the perilously important outcome of these exams or because of some other reason, but I feel very small and frightened. I guess that to those who have a genuine reason to feel those things I have this to say: ''I understand.''

Since I haven't spoken to my parents since Tuesday (and I am always the one who has to ''make the first move''), I haven't spoken to my mother about this, but I gather from overhearing their conversations that my grandfather is very ill, perhaps fatally so, so do pray for him (Frederick), and for my mother (Lisa). They haven't spoken for about 13 years (for a variety of reasons) but perhaps it is time that they did. I had them both in mind this evening during Rosary and Benediction.

3 comments: