Friday 12 June 2009

Novena Prayer to St Anthony of Padua


I know its a bit late to start a Novena to St Anthony of Padua, but it is not quite his Feast yet, and he remains one of my favourite Saints (I shall put his image in my side-column). Particularly poignant is that this year, his Feast falls within the Octave of Corpus Christi. Also, he is also one of my Patrons. And so...

O White lily of purity, sublime example of poverty, true mirror of humility, resplendent star of sanctity. O glorious St Anthony, who didst enjoy the sweet privilege of receiving into thy arms the Infant Jesus, I beseech thee to take me under thy powerful protection. Thou in whom the power of working miracles shines forth among the other gifts of God, have pity upon me and come to my aid in this my great need.

Cleanse my heart from every disorderly affection, obtain for me a true contrition for my sins and a great love of God and of my neighbour that serving God faithfully in this life, I may come to praise, enjoy and bless Him eternally with thee in Paradise. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and in the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Patricious,I think I've come across your web site before.I couldn't agree more about latin!.Unfortunately I was never taught any,but,Always willing to learn.So if you have of a liturgical kind I'd be interested to know.Like any thing an individual has too! Jump through hoops.I live in ,Hull,and, will have travel many a mile.It's common knowledge that the Liberals have had the upper hand for nigh on fifty years,yoursin,I.N.R.I,Mater Dolorosa,Eta Ad Joseph.ps I've Learned,Ipsas Conteret,Caput Tuum,Mane Nosbicum Domine,Illumina- Domine- Vultum - Tuum -Super Nos!

    ReplyDelete