Monday 7 December 2009

A Christmas ''quiz''

I spoke to the eminent Zephyrinus in person on Sunday, a faithful reader of this blog, and he suggested to me that I might put up a ''quiz'' after the manner of the mouldy Fr Mildew who I have since added to my blogroll. Any suggestions to a topic would be nice, and what would be the prize? I was thinking of that wonderful book I read recently, The Ring of Words, but others with less of an all-absorbing fascination with Tolkien might appreciate something else...

Were I to commence with a quiz, answers would be sent to my email address and you will of course need to provide me with your name and address, unless of course you know me personally, in which case I can personally present you with the ''prize'' with some degree of ''ceremony...''

1 comment:

  1. ". . .EMINENT ZEPHYRINUS. . ." !!! Dear Singulare Ingenium, je suis impressione. Merci buckets. A faithful reader of this blog, vraiment. Such quality and in-depth knowledge as you display is a rarity, nowadays. I am pleased you are considering the quiz (a la Fr Mildew) and also pleased you have added his blog to your blog-roll. The topic, I would respectfully suggest, for your quiz must, of course, be majored on your love of Things Tolkien and also The Liturgy (in its widest sense). The Blogosphere is waiting anxiously for a good challenge and I think, Singulare Ingenium, you are the blog to provide it. Don't worry too much about which questions to set and how many, etc, etc. Start off with a fairly easy one and then stretch your readership, later. Just let it flow and watch all your admirers and readers do their brains in trying to solve the clues. Have fun and start setting the questions. I would suggest a CD or Book as a prize. To be chosen by you, of course. Excellent blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete