Saturday 26 September 2009

Another Academic Year...


Term starts on Monday, and I am nervous and excited about it. I enjoy getting back into the ''work'' routine, it adds somewhat of a rhythm to my life, which is always needed. I only hope that I can concentrate better this year; after three years of ''taking things easy'' (in a very anxious kind of way!) let's say, I need to get on and do some work. No more procrastinating for me! I think it would be better if I stayed behind until closing time in the Theology Library to do assignments instead of leaving them until I get in, which is perilous because of the many distractions (Tolkien is the chief culprit!) present. I humbly ask my readers to pray for me that I can finally get a Degree so that I can get out of this nightmare of a part-time job. Also, everyone keeps telling me to get on and do my ''doctorate'' in Tolkien!

3 comments:

  1. I shall be praying for you. I recognise that certain Kensington institution. I was accepted there but chose to go else where (was a tough choice though!). Do pray for me too, I'm starting my second year and am intending to keep procrastination at bay (quite hard sometimes when trying to blog at the same time).

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was at university, my temptation was to read off-topic in the theology library! Just remember, for a person of above average intelligence, as you are, getting a degree these days is quite easy. If you have serious issues with stress and procrastination, do as I did when I had them - explain the trouble to the relevant persons, and you ought find them as helpful and considerate as I did. Try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for your comments. As regards explaining to the relevant persons, it may be that they're sick of hearing from me!

    ReplyDelete