Sunday 1 November 2009

Running low...

...on blog post ideas. According to my Sitemeter, a lot of readers have got bored and gone off to other blogs - I only had 29 visitors yesterday! That's the lowest for any day for months. I was thinking the other day of writing a kind of synopsis of the changes between The Lord of the Rings the book and the film. For that I'd have to sit down and watch the films again, which I haven't seen for years, . If readers think this is a good idea, please leave a comment. Do offer any other blog post ideas too!

5 comments:

  1. Bear in mind: a lot of people now read blogs by Google Reader. Because Google only hits your site once for all of them, the number of visitors may be grossly underestimated.

    What you really need to do is get statistics for your site's feed (I think SiteBurner does this), as it includes how many NewsReaders lookup your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Mark. I know of only one person who reads my blog by Google Reader, but I only know because they told me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent picture, Singulare Ingenium. And a Happy Feast to you, as well. I think your comparison of Book and Film, for Lord of the Rings, will be a worthy and interesting work. Also, in addition, how about a quiz ? Always stimulating and Fr Mildew's blog ("Fr Mildew") is running a highly successful quiz at present. You can quiz on anything you like (Lord of the Rings. Catholic Liturgy. Lives of the Saints (appropriate, at present). Church history, etc). Plus, don't neglect your occasional round-ups of your days in London. They are always worth a read. À bientôt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Singulare Ingenium. You might wish to read the blog by Fr Longenecker ("Standing On My Head"). He had an interesting Post on 29 October 2009, reference Tolkien and his Catholicity. You might get ideas for a new Posting, yourself, from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may want to look at the times you post. If you're signed up on certain blog feeds, I find that posting late morning or afternoon is the best time as America is awake and Australia is just about to go to bed so you get lots more hits.

    ReplyDelete