Saturday 6 March 2010

Is there an App for conversation?

Lots of people have noticed that I am glued to my new iPhone [the bloody space bar isn't working - it won't press down properly without a lot of force which makes typing a nightmare - does anyone know how to sort it?]. This is one reason that blogging has been slow this week. Someone asked me last night in the club (after I put the iPhone back into my pocket; purely because the battery was dead) whether there was an App for conversation! I have found that Wi-Fi doesn't work in my bedroom, so when I need to use the Internet, check mail etc, I am rather stuck without the family computer (my laptop doesn't have the Internet, and it's been in it's box on top of my wardrobe for months because I don't have a proper desk or bureau in my room to work from).

This morning I attended a Sung Mass of Requiem with Absolutions for Fr Adolph Koch (I hope I have spelt the name right?), parish priest at Blackfen from 1945-1980, whose thirtieth anniversary it is. He was in fact the priest who married my grandparents in 1957, which puts it back a bit. I must stop now because this space bar is driving me nuts. I may blog about The Silmarillion tomorrow, since I have neglected it lately.

3 comments:

  1. Is this the space bar on your computer, or the iPhone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. a number of tricks may help:
    1) unplugging the keyboard, holding it at 90 degrees and banging gently to get any caught things ought of it; thereafter,
    2) hoovering it out; but also,
    3) gently prising off the space-bar and cleaning the contact underneath.

    You may find the spring is simply knackered,,,

    ReplyDelete