Thursday 24 December 2009

Christmas stuff...

My Christmas post may be delayed somewhat. Since I work in retail (probably the bane of my life), I have understandably been at work all week (I am working 7:00am-4:00pm Christmas Eve, after a late shift on the 23rd!) - a friend of mine said the other day ''just think of the money, and all those books!'' - just doesn't work I'm afraid. I was in John Lewis today looking at these wonderful feather pillows and bed linen (while out Christmas shopping for people other than myself!) and I was just flooded with the grim reality: ''you can't afford it Patrick...''

That aside, I had planned on translating at least part of some wonderful Lesson from Matins for Christmas but haven't got round to doing it, and I won't have time tomorrow (I may go to Bexleyheath to finish Christmas shopping after work, provided it's still open, then I have wrapping to do, and writing cards, then Mass at Midnight etc) so readers may be disappointed this Christmas...I guess it can't be helped though. With overtime at work, I at least try to look helpful to them so that when Holy Week comes round, I can get time off then. I only hope that next Easter I won't have a nasty chest infection. Anyway, I'm off to bed now since I have to be up at 6:00am...come Wednesday next week, though, I have 12 days holiday (my first since April!)...so ends another frivolous post by Patricius!

4 comments:

  1. It doesn't sound like a 'barrel of laughs' for you at the moment. Just keep focusing on those 12 days of holiday to come!

    Wishing you a Blessed and Joyful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind Patricius, if you stay faithful you will have Angel's feathers in your pillows in eternity! One's that have fallen and been collected for you, by your own Guardian Angel throughout your life......You wouldn't swap them for a John Lewis duck and down, now would you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Singulare Ingenium. May I wish you a Very Happy, Holy and Peaceful Christmas and thank you for one of the best Blogs in the Blogosphere ? The Matins for Christmas discourse should be well worth waiting for, when you do get a minute. Perhaps next week ? Again, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to say, I enjoy your posts - always very interesting and informative.

    I wish you and your family a Happy and Holy Christmas and a healthy, peaceful and prosperous New Year.

    ReplyDelete