Saturday 31 October 2009

Great news...

I don't have to work weekends anymore! Today was my last Saturday - hopefully this year, but with Christmas coming up I don't suppose I can tactfully get out of every Saturday. Being my usual unhelpful self at work (hating the company that much) I do manage to get out of unwanted overtime a lot, but it does backfire somewhat when I ask to swap a day with someone for some reason and they refuse. It's a shame my last day was today, though, as we had Vespers at Blackfen. I have managed to miss all but one service of Vespers this year, since they are always on Saturdays. It would be nice to have Sunday Vespers once in a while, since this is more proper than yet another Mass - they are so commonplace. As I have said before, down with Low Mass, up with sung Office!

2 comments:

  1. I'm very pleased for you, that you've managed to escape the dreaded Saturday working.

    I hope you manage now to get to all those events you've had to miss because they take place on Saturdays - Vespers, Conferences etc.

    ReplyDelete